The Loss of a Legend and the First Rehearsal (11/12/18)

Today was finally the day. Somehow the last month or so has passed by so incredibly quickly, and it was already time to begin rehearsing for the showcase. The rehearsal began at 4, so of course I chose to make sure I got there by around 3:30, since I am normally running late to everything, and I could not let that happen this time around. I originally woke up at 10AM, which seems to be the running norm after a night of drinking, but I managed to pass back out for another hour or two, waking back up at 12 or 12:30, feeling a bit more rested. I of course lounged around in bed for a long time, debating if I was going to make food, until I pushed the time too long and I needed to shower and leave; It was already 2:20! Seriously, I don’t know how I manage to waste so much of my own time. However, even though I was excited to begin rehearsing, the news broke that Stan Lee has passed away at 95. I am a huge Marvel fan, and have been my entire life. My favorite superhero has for years and years been Spiderman. Sure Stan Lee wasn’t perfect, but that doesn’t matter. He created such beloved characters, and it breaks my heart that he’s passed away. True he lived an incredible 95 years, but I still am going to miss him popping up in Marvel movies, having a cameo every time, just because he could. The man touched the hearts of so many, and he will be dearly missed by all of us. Rest in peace, Stan Lee.

After that sad note, let’s move on to a happier subject, shall we? I ended up getting ready and leaving right before 3PM, and making it on the first A heading downtown. Unlike yesterday, it only took 15 minutes or so to make it to 59th Street, where I transferred to the C down to 50th Street. Now, I was starving at this point, but luckily there was a Pret right by the subway, so I stopped in, bought a Turkey and bacon sandwich, chips, and a bottled water, and quickly ate before heading off to the studio for rehearsal. I made it there by 3:40, where there were a few others waiting the studio, since an orientation session was finishing up inside. We finally headed on in, and after signing in, the two directors there for the day gave each of us monologues that they thought fit us best. For others, they were asked what roles they’ve played, what their favorite role was, etc., etc., but when I came up, the director of the Monday troupe, Joe, just handed me three monologues and I sat down. Before reading through them, I headed to the bathroom real quick, and then sat back down to see which one I liked. The first two I read through I really wasn’t into; They both didn’t really fit my type very well. But then I started reading the third monologue and holy moly it was perfect. I’m not going to give you the entirety of the monologue, but it is called “Will You Go To Friendly’s With Me?” This monologue, like all the others, is written by the TAP NYC writers, which is great. Seriously though, when i got up to perform it, I just had a blast doing it, and everyone seemed to get a kick out of it, too.

After everyone had finally taken their turn and shown off their cold read of their monologue, we were released for the day and I headed home. Well, I was going to head home, but I needed to run an errand real quick. After walking around Time Square, figuring out where to go, I ended up hopping on the N to 34th Street, where I headed into the Target to pick up a universal remote for my TV, since my other remote had broken. After having it pointed out to me by an employee, I picked up the remote, as well as a new water bottle for myself, and went upstairs to pay. And god damn are lines long in New York! Like seriously it feels like it’s not even worth it to only buy one or two things when you have to wait in line for 20 years! Luckily today was a bit quicker, and I got in and out in decent time. I contemplated just buying food at Penn Station, as I headed over just to use the bathroom, but I held myself back, and just hopped on the A back to my apartment.

When I got home, I played a few games of League before deciding to finally make some dinner. It was simple, as per usual- pasta with meatballs and mixed veggies. It all came together pretty well, and I had myself a meal. One of my roommates was in the kitchen as well, having a drink with someone who I assume to be a friend, and even poured me a glass of wine while I was making food. I of course accepted, and after a brief “Cheers”, I drank the wine and continued cooking. The wine was a cold bubbly red wine, and it was honestly really good. When my food was done, I cleaned up, separated the pasta into two separate meals, and headed back to my room to eat and finish the night out. I of course played two or three games with Mags, and ended my night playing a few more by myself. I even had a good long FaceTime with my friend Zoe, who’s friend did a tarot card reading for her for a solid hour, which I find fascinating. I really enjoy looking at tarot cards and horoscopes and everything, because I think it’s very interesting, and sometimes surprisingly accurate. After she told everything that was said to her, we said goodnight, and then I lost myself in the Youtube vortex, and am finally getting out of it and typing this blog post at 4:37AM. Seriously, I need sleep, so I am going to do that.

Until next time,


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close